This commercial debuts on TV during the American Music Awards. Takei, who’s a hero to Asian Americans, gay people and sci-fi geeks the world over, is just so shameless about having fun in everything he does….
Search Nikkei View
- Jeremy Lin’s rise sparks national discussion on race and racial issues, not just over Asian Americans
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including “panko,” “udon,” “sake,” “anime” and “karaoke”
- A Chinese tiger mom explains why being a hard-ass Asian parent is better for your kids than Western coddling
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- About Gil Asakawa’s Nikkeiview
- Gil’s Social Media
- How are Asian Americans reacting to the news from Ferguson?
- V3con opening night will feature singer-songwriter Connie Lim
DON’T BE BAKA — BUY THIS!
"Being Japanese American REVISED EDITION"
by Gil Asakawa
NOW AVAILABLE : THE REVISED EDITION OF "BEING JAPANESE AMERICAN" IS AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND FOR KINDLE!
Read Nikkeiview columns going back to 1998, and read about Gil here.
E-mail: gilasakawa (at) gmail (dot) com
AARP’s AAPI Facebook Page
- Cross-cultured leader keeps Asahi Foods’ promise of perfect sushi fish
- Five Years after the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- Is China’s economic domination coming to an end?
- Meet Leroy Chiao, a real-live AAPI astronaut
- Building bridges with the Muslim community
- George Takei’s “Allegiance” is a timely historical musical for today
- RIP George “Joe” Sakato
- “Into the Badlands” brings Asians and martial arts full circle
WHAT’S YOUR KRED SCORE?
Empowering Asian Americans
GET NIKKEIVIEW VIA EMAIL:
GET NIKKEIVIEW BY RSS: