This commercial debuts on TV during the American Music Awards. Takei, who’s a hero to Asian Americans, gay people and sci-fi geeks the world over, is just so shameless about having fun in everything he does….
Search Nikkei View
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including “panko,” “udon,” “sake,” “anime” and “karaoke”
- “Hawaii Five-0” airs powerful episode about Pearl Harbor & imprisonment of Japanese Americans during WWII
- Star of new Disney/Pixar movie “Up” is Asian American
- Racist and stereotypical Halloween costumes never die – they come out every October
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- The eyes have it: “Anime Eyes” are another way Asian women try to change their looks
- A Chinese tiger mom explains why being a hard-ass Asian parent is better for your kids than Western coddling
- Yellowface redux: Why is it OK for Hollywood to cast white people as Asians?
DON’T BE BAKA — BUY THIS!
"Being Japanese American REVISED EDITION"
by Gil Asakawa
NOW AVAILABLE : THE REVISED EDITION OF "BEING JAPANESE AMERICAN" IS AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND FOR KINDLE!
Read Nikkeiview columns going back to 1998, and read about Gil here.
E-mail: gilasakawa (at) gmail (dot) com
AARP’s AAPI Facebook Page
- Real ramen is finally coming to Denver, and it’s about time
- Meet Frank Jang and the Chinatown Photographic Society
- Book reviews: End-of-summer reads about JAs and Japan
- Being JA v2.0 is here, and I’m so glad to be JA!
- Veronica Li’s “Confucius Says” will resonate with Asian American families
- Artifacts contain our cultural history, that’s why they’re so precious
- What are words worth: Hapa, Hafu or Mixed-Race?
- “Fresh Off the Boat” could be the tipping point on TV for Asian Americans
WHAT’S YOUR KRED SCORE?
Empowering Asian Americans
GET NIKKEIVIEW VIA EMAIL:
GET NIKKEIVIEW BY RSS: