- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including “panko,” “udon,” “sake,” “anime” and “karaoke”
- “Hawaii Five-0” airs powerful episode about Pearl Harbor & imprisonment of Japanese Americans during WWII
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- Book reviews: End-of-summer reads about JAs and Japan
- Being JA v2.0 is here, and I’m so glad to be JA!
- The eyes have it: “Anime Eyes” are another way Asian women try to change their looks
- Why Asian Americans hate hearing “Where are you from?”
- What are words worth: Hapa, Hafu or Mixed-Race?
DON’T BE BAKA — BUY THIS!
"Being Japanese American REVISED EDITION"
by Gil Asakawa
NOW AVAILABLE : THE REVISED EDITION OF "BEING JAPANESE AMERICAN" IS AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND FOR KINDLE!
Read Nikkeiview columns going back to 1998, and read about Gil here.
E-mail: gilasakawa (at) gmail (dot) com
Read me on Tumblr
And on my other Tumblr
WHAT”S YOUR KRED SCORE?
Empowering Asian Americans