Here’s a P.S. to my post featuring the spot-on video of the “Where are you from” conversation that Asian Americans know too well.
Search Nikkei View
- Jeremy Lin’s rise sparks national discussion on race and racial issues, not just over Asian Americans
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including “panko,” “udon,” “sake,” “anime” and “karaoke”
- A Chinese tiger mom explains why being a hard-ass Asian parent is better for your kids than Western coddling
- About Gil Asakawa’s Nikkeiview
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- V3con opening night will feature singer-songwriter Connie Lim
- Gil’s Social Media
- Pop culture including J-pop builds bridges between Japan and the US
DON’T BE BAKA — BUY THIS!
"Being Japanese American REVISED EDITION"
by Gil Asakawa
NOW AVAILABLE : THE REVISED EDITION OF "BEING JAPANESE AMERICAN" IS AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND FOR KINDLE!
Read Nikkeiview columns going back to 1998, and read about Gil here.
E-mail: gilasakawa (at) gmail (dot) com
AARP’s AAPI Facebook Page
- This is the OLD version of Nikkei View
- NHK is your direct line to Japanese news
- George Takei is the Energizer Bunny of the JA community
- ‘The Little Exile’ is a terrific addition to the JA reading list
- On writing about the JA community
- Vincent Chin’s murder 35 years ago galvanized a pan-Asian movement
- Why do people still hold hateful feelings for Japan from WWII?
- Don’t give up on civil discussions on social media
WHAT’S YOUR KRED SCORE?
GET NIKKEIVIEW VIA EMAIL:
GET NIKKEIVIEW BY RSS: